Battle of the Badges Blood Drive
The City of Springtown, the Springtown Police Department, Parker County Emergency Services District 1, and Carter BloodCare will host a Battle of the Badges Blood Drive Friday, July 31, 2020 (10 a.m.-5 p.m.) and Saturday, August 1, 2020 (9 a.m.-2 p.m.).
The drive will take place at the Springtown Municipal Annex Building, 200 North Main Street, Springtown, Texas.
According to Carter BloodCare, community blood supply is experiencing its most prolonged period of a critical shortage in recent history. All blood types are needed, desperately, from all eligible blood donors. Hospital patients are in jeopardy of not receiving the transfusions they require and hospital executives are monitoring day-to-day their ability to provide a full scope of services, based on the day’s blood inventory.
Tips for ensuring a safe donation:
- Make and keep your appointment. This helps to manage overcrowding and reduce wait times.
- If you are not feeling healthy and well, please do not give blood.
- In addition to the current social distancing guidelines provided by FDA and the CDC we will also observe any social distancing guidelines established by our host partners:
- Donors and staff will be wearing masks .
- Please remain at least six feet from other donors.
- Drink plenty of water before and after donating to ensure you are well hydrated and eat a good, healthy meal at least two hours before your donation.
- Don’t forget your picture ID.
- Before you arrive on the day of your appointment, fill out your donor questionnaire on your own mobile device/desktop with QuickScreen. This also helps manage overcrowding.
- Please do not bring children and/or pets to blood drives as they are not allowed into the donation area.
All successful donations will be tested for COVID-19 antibodies. This is NOT a diagnostic test COVID-19. Click HERE to learn more about COVID-19 antibody testing.