City of Springtown implements Stage 2 water restrictions effective July 26, 2022
Due to emergency repairs at its water treatment plant, the City of Springtown has instituted Stage 2 of its water conservation and drought contingency plan effective immediately. The goal of Stage 2 water restrictions is to achieve a five percent reduction in demand. The following restrictions will be in place for at least two weeks, at which time they will be re-evaluated.
It is important to note that this restrictions are due to emergency repairs and not drought conditions. It is imperative that our residents comply with the restrictions to prevent the City from having to implement a higher phase of the plan which brings additional restrictions.
These restrictions apply to City of Springtown customers only.
Designated Watering Days and Times:
– Residential Properties: Wednesdays and Saturdays for even-numbered addresses and Thursdays and Sundays for odd-numbered addresses.
– Nonresidential Properties: Mondays, Tuesdays, and Fridays.
– Restricted watering activities are limited to 8 p.m. to 8 a.m. on designated watering days
• Irrigation of landscaped areas:
– All irrigation with hose-end sprinklers or automatic irrigation systems is limited to designated days and times
– Irrigation by hand-held hose, faucet-filled bucket, <5gallon watering can, or drip irrigation system is permitted at all times.
• Washing of motor vehicles (including passenger vehicles, motorcycles/bikes, boats, trailers):
– Except at a commercial car wash, use of water to wash any motor vehicle, motorbike, boat, trailer, airplane or other vehicle is prohibited except on designated watering days between the hours of 8 p.m. and 8 a.m.
– Such washing, when allowed, shall be done with a hand-held bucket or a hand-held hose equipped with a positive shut-off nozzle for quick rinses.
– Washing vehicles for the purpose healthy or safety, such as garbage trucks, are exempt.
• Filling of jacuzzies, wading pools, indoor/outdoor swimming pools
– Prohibited except on designated watering days between the hours of 8 p.m. and 8 a.m.
• Ornamental Fountains/Aesthetic and Scenic Ponds
– Prohibited except where necessary to support aquatic life or where such fountains or ponds are equipped with a recirculation system.
• Restaurants and other eating establishments
– All restaurants are prohibited from serving water to their patrons except when requested.
• Other Prohibited Uses
-Wash-down of any sidewalks, walkways, driveways, parking lots, tennis courts, or other hard-surfaced areas
– Use of water to wash down buildings or structures for purposes other than immediate fire protection
– Use of water for dust control except for construction purposes as allowed by the City and/or required by the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality.;
– Flushing gutters or permitting water to run or accumulate in any gutter or street
– Failure to repair a controllable leak(s) within a reasonable period
Customers with questions or concerns can contact City Hall at
(817) 220-4834 or can email email@example.com.