Customer Service/Meter Reader
The City of Springtown is accepting job applications for the position of Customer Service/Meter Reader in the Utility Billing dept.; Starting salary $13.18/hr. 7:30-4:30 Mon-Fri. Must be 18 years of age, a valid Texas DL required. High School Diploma/GED req. Vac/Hol/Ben. Open until filled.
JOB TITLE: Meter Reader/Customer Service
PAY GRADE: 2
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
Job description statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job title. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
To perform work necessary for the maintenance and repair of water meters. Read meters, receive and respond to complaints, and direct necessary follow-up.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
This position receives general supervision from the Customer Service Supervisor. This position does not supervise any other positions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist in maintenance and repair operations including but not limited to water leaks, meter change outs, lift stations, water lines, wells, pumps and other operations related to water operations.
- Responsible for monthly meter readings and re-reads.
- Assist and work with Utility Clerk on daily operations of customer service.
- Turn on and turn off.
- Pressure testing.
- Repair and replace meter boxes.
- Assist with water and waste taps.
- Ensure adequate supplies are available.
- Participate in weekly On Call Rotation.
- Coordinate with City Administrator, Public Works Director and other Department Supervisors in emergency situations.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High School diploma or General Education Degree; water or sewer experience preferred.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATES
Valid Class C Texas drivers’ license: ability to obtain a Class D Water license in 1 year, and a Class C license within two years.
Ability to communicate in the English language. Ability to carry items weighing up to 100 pounds and lift to a height of 3-5 feet. Ability to walk, stand and kneel for extended periods of time. Ability to perform heavy manual labor in conditions of extreme heat and cold, and in the presence of extreme noise, dust, filth and possible mechanical hazards. Ability to use hand or power tools. Ability to drive in a safe and responsible manner. Ability to follow oral and written instructions. Ability to develop and maintain a positive working relationship with fellow employees and the general public.
The City of Springtown is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with Disabilities Act (ADA), the City of Springtown will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities.