JOB TITLE: Kennel Technician
PAY GRADE: 1
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
Job description statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job title. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Employee performs work related to the care of animals and organization of the animal shelter.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
This position receives general supervision from the Director of Administrative Services. This position does not supervise any other positions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
• General care of animals, including feeding, watering, and exercising them as appropriate. May administer some medications, if necessary, as directed by Animal Control Officer.
• Cleaning animal housing areas as well as keeping the shelter and exercise areas clean.
• Must be able to recognize signs of illness and promptly report and take appropriate action.
• Communication with all staff involved with animal care.
• Greet citizens and notify Animal Control Officer when they are needed at the shelter.
• Administrative duties related to animal care and the animal shelter.
• Schedule will include weekend hours.
• Assist Animal Control Officer as directed.
• Treat all employees, citizens and guest with respect and courtesy.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, LICENSES AND CERTIFICATES
• High School diploma or general equivalency degree; one year of experience related to animal care or control is preferred. Valid Class “C” Texas driver license. Must have valid Texas Driver’s License and driving record must meet or surpass guidelines as set by the City.
Ability to communicate in the English language both orally and in written form. Ability to place and refer telephone calls. Ability to follow oral and written instructions. Ability to deal tactfully with the public. Ability to lift 35 pounds. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees and the general public.
The City of Springtown is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with Disabilities Act (ADA), the City of Springtown will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities.