Water Conservation Rules
Water Waste Prohibition
As part of the development of this water conservation plan, the City of Springtown adopted a landscape water management ordinance. This ordinance is intended to minimize waste in landscape irrigation. The ordinance includes the following elements:
- Prohibition of outdoor watering with sprinklers from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. every day from June 1 through September 30. (Watering with hand-held hoses, soaker hoses, or dispensers is allowed.)
- Requirement that all new irrigation systems include rain sensors capable of multiple programming.
- Requirement that all new irrigation systems be in compliance with state design and installation regulations (Texas Administrative Code Title 30, Part 1, Chapter 344 and House Bill 1656).
- Prohibition of designs and installations that spray directly onto impervious surfaces such as sidewalks and roads or onto other non-irrigated areas.
- Prohibition of use of poorly maintained sprinkler systems that waste water.
- Prohibition of outdoor watering during any form of precipitation.
- Enforcement of the ordinance by a system of warnings followed by fines for continued or repeat violations.