Citizens are able to take bulk household waste to our Citizen Collection Center.
Citizens will first go to City Hall, 102 East Second Street, to pay fees and schedule time to meet a member of Public Works at the site.
Accepted items include:
- Appliances, mattresses, furniture, old carpet, metal, aluminum, iron, steel, and other bulky household items.
Prohibited waste includes:
Commercial waste, hazardous waste, medical waste, household trash, liquids of any kind, paint, pesticides, fertilizer, antifreeze, Freon or anything containing Freon, fuel and fuel containers, closed containers, asbestos or radioactive material.
Fees for the Collection Center are:
- 30-gallon trash bag – $1.00 each
- Shingles – $18.00 per cubic yard
- Loose Trash and brush – $15.00 per cubic yard
- Burn barrels (55 gallon) – $6.00 each
- Appliances, no Freon (white goods) – $5.00 each
Bulk and Brush Pickup
For more information about bulk and brush pickup, click here.