Street Field Tech I
JOB TITLE: Field Tech I – Street
PAY GRADE: 2
DEPARTMENT: Public Works
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
Job description statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job title. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
To perform work necessary for the maintenance and repair of city streets, parking lots, drainage facilities and right-of-ways.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
This position receives general supervision from the Field Supervisor. This position does not supervise any other positions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist in maintenance and repair operations including, but not limited to pothole repair, utility cut repair, crack sealing, overlays, reconstruction, drainage facility cleaning, barricade construction, de-icing, street sweeping and vegetation control.
- Operate equipment used in maintenance and repair of city streets and right-of-ways.
- Make oral and written reports regarding daily, weekly, monthly progress.
- Maintain building and grounds housing the street department.
- Perform minor welding activities when required.
- Assist in water and sewer department activities when required.
- Janitorial duties such as cleaning, sweeping, and mopping city facilities.
- Vehicle maintenance and minor repair.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High School diploma or General Education Degree; some construction-related experience is preferred; knowledge of backhoe, crack sealer, dump truck, front-end loader, jackhammer and various hand tools.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATES
Valid Class C Texas drivers’ license and the ability to meet all other requirements necessary to operate city vehicles and equipment.
Ability to communicate in the English language both orally and in written form. Ability to carry items weighing up to 100 pounds and lift to a height of 3-5 feet. Ability to walk, stand and kneel for extended periods of time. Ability to perform heavy manual labor. Ability to work in extreme heat and cold, and in the presence of extreme noise, dust, filth and possible mechanical or chemical hazards. Ability to use hand and power tools. Ability to drive in a safe responsible manner. Ability to follow oral and written instructions. Ability to develop and maintain a positive working relationship with fellow employees and the general public.
The City of Springtown is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with Disabilities Act (ADA), the City of Springtown will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities.