Utility Tech I – Water
JOB TITLE: Utility Tech I – Water
PAY GRADE: 2
DEPARTMENT: Public Works
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
Job description statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job title. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
To perform work necessary for the maintenance and repair of water mains, fire hydrants, wells, pump stations and customer water lines ensuring all safety regulations are followed to maintain public health.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
This position receives general supervision from the Public Works Superintendent. This position does not supervise any other positions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist in maintenance and repair operations including but not limited to water leaks, meter change outs, lift stations, water lines, wells, pumps and other operations related to water operations.
- Operate equipment used in maintenance and repair of water projects.
- Assist and back-up Customer Service/Meter Reader on daily operations of customer service.
- Assists public in placing recyclable and waste materials in proper containers at our Collection Center.
- Operates compactor equipment as needed to ensure maximum waste density.
- Performs general cleanup and necessary housekeeping duties that may be required to keep the Collection Center clean and pleasing to the public.
- Make oral and written reports regarding daily, weekly, and monthly progress.
- Maintain building and grounds housing the Public Works Department.
- Assist in the sewer, street and parks department activities when required.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High School diploma or General Education Degree
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATES
Valid Class C Texas drivers’ license; ability to obtain a Class D Water license in 1 year, and a Class C license within two years
Ability to communicate in the English language. Ability to carry items weighing up to 100 pounds and lift to a height of 3-5 feet. Ability to walk, stand and kneel for extended periods of time. Ability to perform heavy manual labor in conditions of extreme heat and cold, and in the presence of extreme noise, dust, filth and possible mechanical hazards. Ability to use hand or power tools. Ability to drive in a safe and responsible manner. Ability to follow oral and written instructions. Ability to develop and maintain a positive working relationship with fellow employees and the general public.
The City of Springtown is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with Disabilities Act (ADA), the City of Springtown will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities.